Wednesday, June 13, 2012

May Recap

May was hard. I repeat, May was hard. Lots of racing and of course, traveling to said races. 

There really isn't much to recap since I raced White Lake and TTT and have already reported on both.

Between the two race weekends Scott and I went out for another 100 mile ride which went much better than my first a month or so earlier. I bonked pretty hard that first time and on this ride I was actually able to push the pace for the last 15 miles. 

Non ironman related was my trip to Spain which came at a really good time. After punishing myself for the last few months, the trip was supposed to be nice and relaxing and an opportunity to absorb all the miles I've logged so far. Well, the trip was awesome but definitely not relaxing. I barely slept the entire trip and half way through I got sick which turned into bronchitis (more on that later). We set up base camp in Madrid and went to Ibiza, Toledo, Segovia, and finally to Aldea Santillana for Victoria and Jeff's wedding. It really was a great trip but I'm pretty sure I came back more tired than before I left. 

Next up .... FeXY Coaching Lake Placid Training Camp. This will be the last real beating that I take. After camp will be one more relatively easy build week and then TAPER! Holy shit, seriously this entire experience has gone by so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment